Sunday, April 19, 2015

Day 1

Day 1

I was wondering how my first day of going sugar free would be. I woke up feeling good and decently optimistic. I drank a bottle of water and got the kids and myself ready for Church. We had to be to Church early since the Choir would be singing during Sacrament meeting and Aliyah and I are in the Choir. We got there on time and ran through the songs. The Choir director was so sweet and brought doughnuts for the Choir members as a thank you for being there and participating.

I had no problem not eating them, and decided to give my share to my youngest daughter, who had come early with us, so that worked out well.

Then during Relief Society, the Lady that gave the lesson brought these wonderful looking Chocolate covered Pretzels. I was a bit sad that I wouldn’t be eating mine, but I decided that the health benefits of not eating it, were better than the 10 seconds of flavor I’d be missing out on. I let me girls share the treat with each other. My boys were home sick today.

I’ve done lots of online research about food and how it affects our mood. There have been studies that suggest that an Unhealthy Diet is a risk factor for depression. Studies also show a relationship between sugar and addictive eating. When we crave food, we usually crave something sweet. Stress causes us to seek sugar as a quick fuel for an energy boost.

I know that when I eat sugary foods, it doesn’t help me feel better about myself or have more energy, it does the exact opposite and I usually want to go lay down in my bed for a while.

But so far, day 1 is going well and I look forward to feeling better with each day that passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment