I love setting goals! This doesn’t mean that I am always successful at reaching them, it just means that I like the idea of trying to become something better and striving for that. And hey, if I fail, I can always try again. So I set up a 30 day goal tab so I could keep track of goals here and see if 30 days made any difference or not.
My first 30 day goal will be going Sugar Free for 30 days. I know this sounds crazy, but I’ve done it before and it was a great experience. I know that since it was such a positive experience that it might seem confusing as to why I stopped living this healthy lifestyle. The answer is that I had gotten so good at not eating sugar, that I felt like if I just had one item of food with sugar, I would be ok. It wasn’t going to ruin the whole no sugar thing if I just had one thing with sugar. Well, oddly enough, that one thing of sugar turned into several things of sugar and then went way overboard.
The first time I tried to go without sugar, it was really hard and I wasn’t sure it was going to be worth it. So I gave up after a few days. Then I tried it a second time, and made it about 73 days without sugar! And it was amazing!! I had less of an appetite, I was not as hungry as I usually was. I didn’t crave junk food. I had lots of energy and was able to stay focused on tasks. So yes, I found out that there were lots of benefits to going without sugar.
I am eager to get those benefits back, so am going to challenge myself to 30 days of no sugar…again.
No comments:
Post a Comment