Sunday, April 19, 2015

Faith

I was reading an article in our Church magazine, The Ensign, called “The Power of Faith.” Faith has always been a subject I’ve been interested in. As I read the article, I came to realize that one of the things about Faith that I’ve always believed was true, the part where if you believe hard enough, meaning your Faith is super strong, then as long as it’s a righteous desire and God’s will, it will happen. But this article said that “Faith, Alma teaches us, is hope in true principles. To have faith does not mean we believe our Heavenly Father will always give us what we ask for when we ask for it.”

I liked what she said she did during a really hard time in her life. Instead of trying to have as much “Faith” as possible to change her circumstances, she said “Finally, I quietly accepted my situation, found ways to cope with my discomfort, and became content to save full understanding of faith and healing for a future time.”

I like that. I like the idea of calming myself down during circumstances in my life that seem way beyond my control. Instead of trying to fight against the current of life, settle down, relax, and stay afloat. Trust that the Lord is moving the current in a direction that is better for me.

I think I spend far too much of my time trying to figure out God’s grand plan for my life and how I can speed it up to the good parts. I forget that the bad parts serve a purpose as well and will help me become more than I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment