Day 2
I woke up this morning not craving any Sugar, until I saw my kids’ breakfast cereal, that is. I just made myself walk away and think of something else, then I was fine. I was doing well, until I started feeling sleeping in the afternoon. That was really hard. When I’m tired, the only thing I want is some Sugar to keep me going. Though a Sugar “high” only last a few minutes and I crash even harder afterwards. So I just pushed through the drowsiness and within about 2 hours, I was feeling fine again. I did get a Watermelon today to eat whenever I really wanted something sweet. That helped a lot since it is sweet but full of nutrients and loaded with Water, which quenches any thirst I might be feeling and didn’t realize that is what it was. Sometimes we crave Sugar when what our body really wants, is to be hydrated, but we misinterpret the signals.

No comments:
Post a Comment