I really wanted to be lazy today and stay in bed. There are just those mornings where you’re not sure all your hard work is paying off. I mean, I’m not setting any records with my workouts, but I am doing more than nothing, so you’d think that it would be more noticeable either in muscle tone or in how my clothes fit. Then again, I look at myself every day in the mirror, more than once a day. I’m sure it is hard to notice any differences when you see yourself every day. It would be different if I saw a before and after picture with a year of time in between. It’s kind of like when you only get to see your Nieces and Nephews once a year and you can tell right away that they have grown so much in that year, but seeing your kids every day, you can’t tell as much that they are growing just as fast. At the same time, if I took a before and after pictures and didn’t see a difference, that would be super depressing.
I suppose there are a lot of different factors that go into getting in shape. And if I’m only willing to make small changes, then I’ll probably only get small results and it will take longer to get where I’m going. But, small changes are still changes, and they are easier to make vs. the big ones. So I told myself that I was going to just go for a walk and play Candy Crush. That got me out of bed and I did my 3 mile walk and did some weights that worked out different parts of my arms and back, so yeah me!!


No comments:
Post a Comment