Saturday, April 18, 2015

Motherhood, a new beginning

My husband, Wagner, started a new job about a month ago. This job is really going to change everything in our lives, most especially, everything that I felt was the plan for our family. I had it all planned out, where we were going to live, where our kids were going to go to School, where Wagner would work, etc. This were going as I had planned, everything was right no track. We were so close to making my vision of the future a reality. Then, BAM, from totally out of the blue, Wagner got this new job that will be taking us away from the School I had envisioned for my kids, it would take us away from everything I had worked so hard to have happen in our family.

I have to admit that I was not a good sport about the whole things and threw a toddler tantrum about it. Yes, this was not a smart move, but hey, live and learn. Hopefully in the future, I can learn to pray about things before getting upset about it all.

The funny part about this is that one of the things I have most wanted my whole life, was to be a full time Mommy. And now with this new job Wagner will have, I will get the opportunity to be one. I will no long have to work full time and be a Mom part time. This is a wonderful blessing and I am very thankful for this.

This new life is going to be a big adjustment for all of us, but especially for me. I am so used to spending and dedicating all of my time to work, that refocussing my effort on my children, the home, my husband, and our family, is going to be something new to me. I know that it seems like this should be an easy thing, but I am really used to telling the kids and my husband that I don’t have time for them because I have to work. I’m used to getting into my “work zone” and not coming out till the job is done. I work from home, so this has been a must when trying to finish the tasks of my job. As a result, I have had little time for house work, homework, or anything other than my job. Getting up, moving around and cleaning all day, seems a bit exhausting and overwhelming, to be honest. Though working has not been my ideal way of spending my time as a mother, it has become a habit to just sit in front of my computer all day long. To now be up and about, will be so different.

Even though it will be a big change, lots of good things come only through change. So I’ll just need to take it one step at a time and pray always so that I can take advantage of the fact that I will actually have time to attend to my kids’ needs and not get so caught up in other jobs around the house that I don’t take full advantage of what I always wanted to be, a Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment