Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Prayer, the Passport to Spiritual Power


This is a picture my husband took on his business trip to Cannes La Croisette.
                                         
Today I was reading Chapter 5 In the Book Teachings of Presidents: Spencer W. Kimball called “Prayer, the Passport to Spiritual Power.” An aspect of prayer that I need to do better at is something he addressed with: “Prayer is such a privilege—not only to speak to our Father in Heaven, but also to receive love and inspiration from him. At the end of our prayers, we need to do some intense listening---even for several minutes. We have prayed for counsel and help. Now we must “be still, and know that [he is] God.” (Ps. 46.10)

I love praying. No one knows me better than my Heavenly Father, I don’t even know myself as well has He does. I enjoy being able to talk to someone who completely understand where I’m coming from and has my best interest at heart. So I like to tell Him everything. I mean, He already knows anyway, there are no secrets, so I might as well be honest. I need to be better at listening afterwards. To pay attention to the thoughts, ideas, and feelings that come to me afterwards. What better time is there then right after a sincere prayer, to received guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment